DAHRM Member Organizations Postions Currently Available:
This service is for DAHRM Members Only: To post job openings for Human Resource positions, please contact our Webmaster and include the website address where job descriptions and additional information can be found. Positions will remain listed for 30 days.
Purgatory Resort is seeking a Human Resources Coordinator. Please see below for more details.
Position Title: Human Resources Coordinator
Reports To: Director – Human Resources
Date Revised: July 2018
Department: D8040 – Human Resources
General Purpose: Assist in recruitment, employee processing, employee file maintenance, payroll, and general HR functionality, employee uniforms and employee services. Most importantly – maintain confidentiality of Human Resources related information.
- Greet, direct and/or assist all walk-in guests and phone calls in a pleasant and professional manner. Serve as a daily HR contact for managers regarding employee performance management, compensation, benefits, recruitment and retention, company policies and procedures and employment law compliance
- Complete departmental filing: I-9, pass vouchers, personnel files, purchase orders, EEO forms, and resumes/applications.
- Maintain an accurate listing of current job vacancies; including updating HR job board, website and posting classified ads in newspapers/magazines for available job openings
- Complete background and reference checks as applicable
- Complete paperwork & processing employment notices on new hires, rehires, transfers, employment changes & terminations
- Issue uniforms, launder, and manage repairs as needed
- Organize employee activities / company events.
- Complete general reporting: New hire reporting, responding to unemployment claims
- Assist Payroll Administrator with bi-weekly payroll processing.
- Maintain office general supplies, order supplies as needed.
General HR Administrative Duties:
- Open and close office daily
- Manage Human Resources Clerk
- Issue nametags, passes, car pool vouchers, friendship passes, memory mania/maker, gold pass, and real deal
- Contact terminated employees for uniforms
- Complete departmental purchase orders, file returned purchase orders
- Maintain master files and forms
- Assist with keeping HR clean: trash removal and vacuuming
Other Duties: Other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates must have previous administrative and/or HR experience, preferably at least one year. The candidate must be able to handle highly confidential matters in a sensitive and professional manner. Candidate must be familiar with Excel, Word, Outlook, Internet and E-mail. Must have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), strong interpersonal skills, a demonstrated ability to manage time, be well organized, handle multiple tasks, and have a high attention to detail in a fast paced environment. Must be able to work weekends and holidays during the ski season.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
Computer, simple office equipment, uniforms, washer and dryer, vacuum cleaner, and household cleaning agents.
Working environment/Physical Activities:
100% of the work day is spent indoors, in a normal office environment. 50% of the workday is spent sitting, 30% standing and 20% walking.
Occasionally lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling up to 75 pounds. Constantly fingering, handling and feeling objects. Constantly engaging in normal conversation, in person and over the phone. Frequently reaching, balancing, stooping, use of near and far acuity, color and field of vision. Occasionally climbing, balancing, stooping. Potential exposure to mechanical and electrical hazards. This is a non-skiing position.